10 effective ways to prolong the life of barcode printer
1. The print head uses a high quality smooth and back layer with film thermal transfer carbon belt to reduce friction.
2. Try to reduce the print head pressure and printing temperature.
3. Make sure the ribbon width is wider than the label width to prevent the exposed print head from being scratched by the label.
4. Cover the dust cover of the printer after printing, and maintain the printer frequently.
5. When printing label paper, do not leave it for too long. Prone to static electricity.
6. After using for a period of time, use alcohol cotton to stick some alcohol, wipe the print head (the black one), pay attention to wipe, must dry before printing.
7. Gently blow off the printing device, such as paper roller, label sensor, carbon belt sensor, and dust and fiber dust on the printing head. Never use any hard, metallic, abrasive tool (such as a screwdriver) to remove sticky dirt or other debris from the print head.
8. Use a cleaning pen or cotton swab dipped in a solvent (95% or more alcohol). Press the front end of the cleaning pen to make it close to the print head and wipe the print head from side to side.
9. Rotate the paper roller to remove the dust on the paper roller, and repeat the above steps until there is no more dirt on the cleaning label.
10. Make sure the carbon band is wider than the label. When printing, the carbon band covers both sides of the label paper to prevent the exposed print head from being scratched by the label.